Serving the Hutt Valley Community for over 40 years.
Be a part of your local RDA volunteer dream team.
We rely on the energy and commitment of our wonderful volunteers. Being an RDA volunteer at our Group is fun and extremely rewarding. Whether you're horsey or non-horsey, if you have the time and energy, we have the perfect role for you.
Coaches and volunteers are an integral part of what we do. Nationally, there are over 1,800 NZRDA volunteers throughout the country and we're always on the look-out for more. With your help, we can reach even more riders and change even more lives. We can offer you lots of great training and support, the chance to make a positive difference in the lives of people with a disability, and the chance to make great friends and learn new skills.
Volunteer for Hutt Valley RDA and:
- Learn new skills (including gaining a NZQA qualification).
- Enjoy the fresh air and stay fit.
- Make a difference to someone’s life.
- Have fun and make new friends.
- Be part of something special.
Choose your area of interest or expertise:
- Preparing RDA horses prior to each rider's arrival.
- Leading horses and ponies during RDA riding sessions.
- Assisting during RDA riding sessions (for example, as side-walkers who encourage our riders, help them focus, and ensure they're safe).
- Helping with unmounted activities.
- Fitting helmets and checking riding clothing.
- Maintaining horse pastures, fences and equipment.
- Fundraising, publicity and RDA local committee activities.
Meet the team
Centre Co-ordinator / Head Coach
The Hutt Valley Riding for the Disabled Board
President and Fundraising:
Adrienne Manthel, QSM
HR/ Health and Safety: